Wednesday, January 30, 2008

[Editor: Below is a letter we received that we thought all should see.]


Although the Cooper City Election did not turn out as I had hoped, I want to thank all the wonderful people involved in the Lisa Conlon Dodge, Ed Wooley, Diane Sori, and Abraham Rashid campaigns. I feel honored to have had the opportunity to work with you for the betterment of Cooper City. I had the chance to meet people from all walks of life and the one common thread I found between all of us was our love for our town, our desire to do the right thing for all the citizens of Cooper City, and our interest in the democratic process. To our Mayor Debby Eisinger and new Commissioner James Curran, please recognize that the majority of voters did not vote for you. I hope you will keep that in mind when you make decisions which affect everyone in Cooper City. We cannot have more of the same. We must be willing to listen to everyone. To Mr. DeJesus, our new Commissioner, I hope that you will represent your city well, since you were fortunate enough to get almost 79% of the vote. Please provide the necessary checks and balances and speak up for those people who put their trust in you. Only by working together and recognizing the value of each and every citizen of Cooper City, can we begin the healing process and move forward.
Sherry Ibbs
5918 SW 114th Avenue
Cooper City, FL 33330

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cooper City elected the 3 Stooges. You get what you vote for.

Anonymous said...

Is the wording of "healing" really what is needed? Or should we now begin the process of evaluating this new commission in terms of the what are they going to do to remedy that things that a significant number of voters indicated they did not like?
I know what I will do. Do you?